September 11, 2016

I'm Going To University 🎈🎉🎓


"MAMA I MADE IT"
If you can't already tell from the title, I am going to UNI !!!

I'll be Studying Abnormal & Clinical Psychology this September in the lovely city of Cambridge at Anglia Ruskin University.

BACK STORY
⬇️
Growing up in my household going to university was seen as one of the best things you could achieve in life; from there on I knew that I wanted to go, even though I didn't know what I was going to do, i just knew that Uni was something I wanted to experience...Yes I know it's not the only pathway available to me but I feel like this will be the most effective way for me to pursue my goals and get to where I want to be.

WHY💭
From around the age of 13-14, I always had an obsession with criminal investigation shows and mental health. It may sound weird but I actually believe that this course I chose was down to a TV show "Body Of Proof". Now if you haven't watched it then Go do that !
As I was saying, the show is forensics based and involves a lot of crime solving; that feeling of piecing together how someone died and the hows and the whys entice me.
A few years later when coming to the end of secondary school I was convinced that I was going to get on to the criminal investigative pathway and made sure of it by studying Forensic Science at College.

DROPOUT
A few months into college I honestly felt like a failure and wanted to drop out. The work load was different, the amount of independent research and studying was stressing me out, everyone else was getting Distinctions and I was Just barely passing. I was discouraged..
It didn't help that the support provided by my college was crap, on top of that I was going through my own issues, which will later be discussed in another blogpost about 'Depression & Paranoia'.
I felt that if I dropped out everyone would judge me and i'd disappoint my family, so I carried on with the support from friends, and pushed through till the end. It was an unsteady and bumpy journey but i got there in the end.

RESULTS 📄
This is the part where it gets sticky because Boyyyyy was my results messed up. My College was a real joke when it came to grading and giving feedback. It was an unorganised and judgmental place but we can save that rant for another time.
I left college with the grades MMP; that wasn't expected if I'm being completely honest but my grades did have an impact on the Universities I applied too.
I underestimated myself and applied to places I knew would accept the lowest of grades because I was so scared I would fail and not get into any of my choices.
In the end I cleared my self of my firm choice and decided to go through clearing.

PRESENT DAY
I am now going to be a student at Anglia Ruskin University and I can proudly say
I MADE IT 🎉🎊
This is not the end of my journey but the start of something special. If you believe in yourself and your future, you will prosper in life !

If this post has inspired you in anyway then I'm happy I could help, hope you enjoy the rest of your week x




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig