January 04, 2017

9 Goals I'd Love to Achieve This Year ✨

Chapter One
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I know this is one of those posts that most people hate; the ' New year New me' BS but it's not, I'm simply putting down my goals for my own reference; to be able to go back and see how I've changed and developed, how my goals will change over the years and how long it takes me to achieve these things. I think everyone should set themselves goals, even if its to brush your teeth day & night. 
Its a start!
For the longest I was dreading 2017 especially after how manic 2016 has been. My thoughts everyday were ' in 2017 I'm just going to go with the flow', 'it will take me where it wants to take me'; don't get me wrong I still feel like that lol, but with these goals I set myself, I feel a bit more guided and on track.

As I said before these are MY GOALS, you may not agree with all of them, but its my life at the end of the day and if you don't like what I do then Adios!

Grow my Social Media 

Social media is something most people avoid talking about. 
For some its overrated and annoying, for others, such as myself it think it's important. 
Social media has allowed me to get where I am today, if it weren't for it, most of you wouldn't even know I exist.
 I feel that social media is like an extended word of mouth and has both its pros and cons. In my case the more the merrier, as much as it carries its cons; it still benefits me and my brand as I'm putting myself out there. In regards to blogging, having more readers is joyous as you know people are seeing the work and effort you put in. I'm specifically targeting Instagram this year as I know that's where a lot of my traffic derives from.

Take More Outfit Posts

Being a plus size girl in this world is hard, with that being said being a human in this world is hard. There are many plus size girls out there looking for inspo and I feel like I'd be a good representative for that.
I just need to take more time out and become more confident in how I feel about the clothes I wear. 
*Side note: I'm not the girl who takes pics in heels, you'll most likely see me in trainers or slippers.

Being Organised

I'm someone who likes to think I'm organised, when really I'm just one mess. As I'm typing this, I've got several tabs open looking for diaries and planners for 2017. I will be organised this year, specifically in the consistency of my blog posts, appointments and calling back people as I'm terrible at that lol.

Exploring New Places

Growing up; breaks & holidays were great, we'd go at least two - three times a year and this was something I loved. As we got older we went on less but we still made sure to go somewhere, even if it was to Brighton for the weekend. I want to begin to make it a priority to save and travel. This year I was lucky enough to go to New York & Tenerife, but I'm going to top this in 2017 and make sure I get out there. Two places I definitely want to travel to this year is Morocco and Dubai.

Health & Fitness

As much as I'm all for Plus Living and being confident; I also know the importance of health and getting fit. Whether it be eating salad with all meals or walking over TFL, I'm going to do it!
Loosing weight isn't the goal as of yet, that will follow on in its on way, and hopefully will be a noticeable change.

Skincare

My skin has always been a problem, from about the age of 13, both acne and facial hair. A couple moths ago, I saw a huge change in my skin and I was shocked at how clear it had gotten; funny thing is, I weren't even trying.
Then all of a sudden, stress, sleep and everything else on this earth came crashing down and my skin spiralled out of control and I'm back to square one.
Not to say its as bad, but its definitely something..
I can honestly say I'm tired of trying to sort out my imperfections on my face; but all I can say is, I hope and pray that this year I have it under some sort of control.

Being Financially Stable 

If you know me, you know that I can't save. I'm starting to think its in my genes - from my dads side specifically; but I honestly do believe I have a problem with saving. I know it needs to be done, but some how end up spending way more. 
Whether it be on foolishness or food, when I know there's food at home, I just feel the need to spend.

So I'm saying this on here, everyone is my witness, I WILL SAVE IN 2017.
The amount doesn't really matter, as saving alone is a start for me.
This year I'll be working full time, so I'm hoping with my wages I am able to save quite a bit.. and then SPLURGE on foolishness again lol.

Mental Health

I'd say mental health is one of my top goals on the list of goals.
My happiness affects not only myself but the people around me; with that being said, I'm tired of how I've been feeling lately and I'm ready to change that.
Whether it be removing people from my life, or seeking real help.
I need to sort it out before it ruins me completely.

Driving Licence 

For those that don't know, I haven't got my licence yet. I was taking lessons twice a week, and to be honest, the amount I was paying was putting me off driving more and more. 
Not to say I didn't learn anything. I learnt quite a bit, but I feel like, if i really want to achieve my licence, I have to be dedicated enough and willing to spend on lessons, hence why the saving must begin !

There are a few other personal goals, that I don't really feel like sharing or are not that significant, but I hope you get an insight in to my plans for this year, and I hope you stay for the journey. 
Thanks for all the love and support!
I wish you and your families a prosperous New Year full of blessing and success!
Tx

Follow Me on
Twitter: splodgeofbeauty
FB: pinkxgold
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Great post!! I'm really wanting to improve my social media stats this year too, what's your Instagram name? Mine is @louisefrancescaa if you want to follow each other! X

    The Fashion Road.com XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lovely, thanks for the sweet message. My Instagram is @splodeofbeauty; definitely going to follow you x

      Delete
  2. This is lovely, I am more than sure you will achieve all of these and probably more! I am in love with your blog too, keep up the amazing work! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I hope you stay for the journey. Have a good day x

      Delete
  3. Good luck with goals! You will do it! Do you want to be friends with me on bloglovin? If yes, just follow my blog there, I'll follow your blog back!!! https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/anna-alina-3947784

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exploring new places and mental health are big goals of mine too this year. Good luck with these x

    Lauren x http://www.huggled.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hun, I wish you all the best with your goals too xx

      Delete
  5. Great goals.. you will do everything on your list!

    Sashashantel.com
    x

    ReplyDelete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig