December 22, 2016

7 Favourite Plum & Purple Lip Colours for the Winter



I'm back again.. I bet you weren't expecting me so soon 😏.
Well this post is based off my last post since it was clearly something most people liked, so I thought I'd change the choice of colour today and target the plums and the purples out there. I'll also be doing a Pink series as pink is my all time favourite colour especially when it comes to lippies...


If you're only here for the swatches scroll all the way down..

Back to the lippies. I love a nice plum or purple lip but for some reason it will only work on me depending on my hairstyle. Yes that's weird but I'm weird lol.

Today I'll be featuring NYX, L.A Girl, MUA and Makeup RevolutionIf you know of these brands then you know they are good quality and very affordable; ranging from £1-£6.

Lets start this off with my favourite brand of them all... NYX!


I own a butter gloss and a soft matte lip cream. If you read my previous posts you know I love the NYX butter glosses as they're nicely pigmented with a very glossy finish, not that tacky-sticky type of gloss.

The soft matte lip creams are creamy but matte which I love as it's non drying and quite moisturising on the lip. Both lippies are long lasting and just happen to smell like berries.

These lipsticks are highly pigmented yet the most affordable lipsticks I own. These amazing lippies are priced at £1 and can be found in Superdrug, Boots or online at TAM Beauty. They are very soft and hydrating on the lips, similar to the MAC's cremesheen lipsticks.
These Revolution lipsticks can be mattified with setting powders or glossed up for the perfect glossy lip. In regards to the smell; I'd say they smell like lipstick lol.


Before Makeup Revolution there was MUA.. the only brand in Superdrug that was always fully stocked. This brand has been around for ages now and I can honestly say I wish I wasn't so stuck up and actually used their products earlier; it would've saved me a lot of money too. This lipstick has a pearly finish yet very creamy on the lips. 
The colours are highly pigmented and for only £1 I'd buy it for collection sake.


Finally the L.A Girl liquid Lipsticks ( matte finish pigment gloss). These lippies are nice. They're highly pigmented and very easy to apply. However they do tend to be streaky depending on what colours you get. I find they're streakier as the colours get lighter, so if you're looking for a lighter shade be weary. Secondly when applying the lipstick make sure you apply the coverage that you want before the lipstick dries because if you try to layer on the lipstick it will cause clumping and crumbling, which is far from cute! 
Other than that, it dries really matte and lasts FOREVER!

*Tip from T: To remove the liquid lipstick use an oil such as coconut oil as these are very hard to get off with just wipes.


LINKS BELOW!
  1. Makeup Revolution Lipstick in the shade ' Scandalous Depraved' - £1
  2. Makeup Revolution Lipstick in the shade ' Rebel with Cause' - £1
  3. MUA Lipstick in the shade ' Shade 2' - £1
  4. NYX Soft matte lip cream in the shade ' Copenhagen' - £5.50
  5. NYX Butter Gloss in the shade ' Raspberry Tart' - £5
  6. L.A Girl Flat Finish Pigment Gloss (Matte) in the shade ' Black Currant' - £4.99
  7. L.A Girl Flat Finish Pigment Gloss (Matte) in the shade ' Stunner' - £4.99
I hope you liked this post as I had fun doing this. 
Please feel free to comment what you'd like to see from me and any advice you'd like to give.
Thanks for the support!
Tx

Follow Me on
Twitter: splodgeofbeauty
FB: pinkxgold
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig