December 20, 2016

Best NYX Nude Lip Colours for Darker Skin


Hi there, I'm back again with another post.
This time I'm talking about one brand in particular.

Being a Londoner and watching all the Youtubers from the US use NYX was so aggravating as I knew I'd only be able to buy it when I travelled. 
On my last trip to NYC that's exactly what I did; lets just say majority of my hand luggage was makeup lol #sorrynotsorry.. 


No more trips to the US are needed as NYX finally decided to broaden their brand and make Boots, Selfridges and ASOS there stockist. 
When I found out about the expansion I almost fainted. NYX is definitely one of my favourite brands and the fact that it's in the UK means less money in my account YAAY!

On to more important things; from the picture you can see I've featured my favourite NYX nudes. These are my top 3 lippies, one of them being a gloss and the other two are matte.

The NYX butter glosses without a doubt are one of the best formula for glosses; it's not sticky or tacky. The glosses are quite pigmented, long lasting and glide on easily. The applicator for all 3 are doe-foot which helps with the the application process and another plus is that the gloss also smells like vanilla or cake, can't quite tell lol. 
My favourite shade is more on the pink side of nudes called 'Angel Food Cake'


If you haven't heard of the NYX soft matte lip creams then I'm about to jump through this screen and scream at you!
These lippies are special; they're not your average liquid lipstick, the formula is smooth and almost feels like a butter, but then magically dries matte. Its not that disgusting matte that crumbles and sucks the life out of your lips either its the type of matte where rubbing your lips together is still possible. 
The moisture in these are amazing; and the pigmentation too. They take about 20 seconds to fully dry  when light coats are applied. The coverage is definitely build-able. I find patting the product in with a finger provides me with the best results; especially with ombre looks. For ombre looks I suggest a warm brown lip liner or a deep mauve. 
The shades I love are ' Abu Dhabi' & ' Cannes' these also have the same cake smell to them. Cannes is definitely more on the mauve side, but still comes across as nude. 

All these lippies are under £6 which is a bonus and they don't give that 'ashy look'.

SWATCHES
The picture below doesn't really give the shades justice as it makes them look a lot darker than they really are.

left to right: Angel Food Cake, Abu Dhabi & Cannes

I hope you liked this post, I'm thinking to do another set of NYX lippies but my top 3 dark colours.
Thanks for the support. Remember to Share and Follow me on my Socials.
Tx

Twitter: splodgeofbeauty
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I recently jumped on the NYX bandwagon when they stocked it in my local Boots too and I love everything I've bought so far. I do want to try more though. I like what you have got here and I think Cannes is my favourite! I like the look of Abu Dhabi but I reckon it would be too light for me

    Shannon // shannonkara.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely gonna try out Cannes I love nude lipsticks!! But you should try London, it's one the matte lipsticks, with a dark brown pencil it's my all time fave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely gonna try out Cannes I love nude lipsticks!! But you should try London, it's one the matte lipsticks, with a dark brown pencil it's my all time fave

    ReplyDelete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig