December 15, 2016

5 iPhone Hacks on How to Take Better Photos


This post here is for the iPhone users!

For a long time I was an Android groupie with a Sony Experia Z1. After 3 years of struggle I finally decided to convert and get the iPhone 6S. I can honestly say that its one choice I've made in my life that I haven't regretted. There are the pros to android, don't get me wrong; but I just wanted change. 

One thing I always looked for specifically when buying phones were the Camera's Megapixels. I dont't know why, but I'm guessing its because I liked taking good quality photos. My Sony Experia had a 20.1 megapixel camera which is very high for its year of release. There was no other phone out there with a comparable amount and I was sold. There were many other pros to the phone but that was the main one. This phone use to take the most beautiful photos; however it didn't quite give me the crisp and clarity that I wanted. So when I finally switched over to iPhone and saw what it could do I was in shock! By this point I knew I was going to start my blog and when I saw what the phone could do, I knew it would mean I could temporarily use it whilst saving for a camera. Which has benefited me in the best ways as those things aren't cheap!


Enough of me rambling, let me get on to these 5 Hacks:

1. The fuller the phone storage the lesser the quality of photos. - Now I know this is a hard one, especially if you have a 16GB phone that constantly says storage full. I'd advise you to back up all that you can on to iCloud or Dropbox or even a laptop/pc and removing it from your phone. 


2. Use the 'SQUARE' option.- If you know you're going to possibly upload these photos to an app such as 'Instagram', the last thing you want is to have to crop your picture and possibly loose key details. This also prevents the use of third party apps that compress or stretch your image to get it to fit; resulting in lesser quality. To see how I edit my Instagram pics click here.


3. AE/AF LOCK- To have the images where they are more focused and blurred in the back, i'd advise tapping the subject (main item) and holding it there until the AE/AF LOCK appears at the the top of the screen. This also improves the lighting situation of the photo because it tries to find ideal conditions to ensure the subject is still the main focus.


4. Lighting- The sundial that appears when you tap to focus your image can also be used to lighten or darken the picture. 
This is something i'd highly advise you to do especially for the times when taking photos in environments where you can't change the lighting situation. 
A lot of people use natural light for photos and I find when the light is too direct it washes out the detail in the photo, so by bringing the dial down it will make the picture darker and raising it will lighten it.


5. Grid- Personally I prefer taking pictures with the grid present as it helps ensure the photo is aligned, also looking at the photo with the grid helps me to see if anything in the picture needs altering as i'm able to check square by square to see whats what.
To access the grid: Settings>> Photos & Camera>> Grid !

*BONUS HACK- Using your headphones play/pause button works as a shutter, so that you can capture your photo without those accidental blurs*.

I hope these tips work, let me know if they do!
Thanks again for the support.
Tx



SHARE:

1 comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig